Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pinterest Obsession, Bathroom Renovation, and Cat Appreciation Month

Valentine's Tree with names of loved ones
My Pinterest obsession is partly to blame for keeping me away from writing my blog as well as being busy at times and under the weather at others. I am not really an arts and crafts type of girl, but even Pinterest has inspired me to take on an easy craft, my Valentines Heart Tree. I have also found the inspiration to regrow green onions and place a convenient yet elegant jewelry holder. It is such a wonderful medium for a day dream - and a digital one at that! I have found some great ideas for my current garden and have found some gorgeous garden fantasies. And recipes - so many delicious amazing recipes! If you are curious about Pinterest, please check it out; and if you would like an invitation, please leave your email in the comments section of this post.



Grow little onions grow!
Hubby and I are in the final push to finish our home renovation. Round 2 includes both bathrooms, some electrical work, and removing ugly, old neon light boxes from the kitchen ceiling. The master bathroom is complete and is my dream come true: a large shower, robin's egg blue walls, travertine floors, and new pedestal sink. Next up is the second bathroom on the other side of the house: it will have a new vanity/ sink, travertine floors, new blue paint, and refinished tub. Now if I could only assuage my fears of water damage/ incursion from the tub.

My large shower in my new master bath - so shiny!
Pedestal sink, oval mirror and new light fixture
Storage and blue walls
Travertine plus decorative tile
Second bathroom with demo complete - New vanity goes here
Our contractor will tile the floor, repair the walls and refinish the tub.

Last but certainly not least, February is Cat Appreciation Month! Let us honor our kitty companions for all the love and loyalty they bring us! Also, please remember that the San Diego Humane Society is currently running their "My Furry Valentine" program. Adoptions from now until February 14th are only $14.00!

The love and loyalty of a Maine Coon - he protects me and cuddles with me when I'm sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment