Friday, July 15, 2011

The Jury is In - An Update (July Bloomday)

In a previous post from April, I mentioned that the jury was out on my attempt to grow perennial flowers. The jury is now in and I can declare a small victory. I have successfully grown one large black-eyed-susan from seed with two more on the way, one yarrow from seed and three more planted previously as seedlings, one butterfly bush from seed and one planted as a seedling. Though early in the season yet, I have seen a couple of monarch butterflies in the garden and have attracted other similar winged creatures! I hope that September brings a profusion of blooms as well as many monarch visitors to my butterfly garden.

Black-Eyed-Susans in bloom in foreground, yarrow and sage in the background
Yarrow from seed in tomato bed.
Black-Eyed-Susan in right hand corner, ready to harvest leaks at top.
Yarrow and sage, the perfect butterfly candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment